Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Amping Up!

Brandilyn announced that she will be running in the 10k in Phoenix March 2nd.  Of course, since running was always my passion for more of my life than not, I could NOT let this moment pass without jumping on the band wagon.  I, too, signed up to participate with my amazing daughter.

It has been a year since I've been running.  Last January I hurt my knee and have been "grounded" from running.  My knee still isn't where it used to be and may never get there.  However, running has always provided a "high" for me that I haven't had in a very long time.

This morning was Day #1 of training for said 10k.  I jumped on the treadmill here at the hotel (everything is in German so it was a wee bit difficult to figure out the logistics) and sadly only logged on 4.5k.  Actually, not bad for someone who hasn't run in a year, though, right?  My knee gave me permission to attempt Day #2 and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I feel better than I have in a long time.  My spirits are high and I wish Skip wasn't at the trade show so that I could share this amazing mood with someone.  On second thought . . . I'd probably drive him up the wall.  Lol.  I'm beginning to wonder if the depression that enveloped my life this past year didn't have something to do with the lack of miles logged on this dawg!

There's quite a few more poundage on this bod than used to be not to mention a bit more age but I truly am excited to begin anew and see if this is the beginning of bringing happy back into my life.  Couldn't hurt, right?

Plans have been made to move my treadmill up into the garage to remove any further excuses of Miss Sunshine not dragging her happy bum onto the magic machine.  Let's do this!!

No comments: