Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Field Trip Day!

Finally!  Skip was able to take a wee bit of time out from the exhibition (the reason he's here) and spend some time with ME!  Woot woot!  I was a bit surprised when I woke up to do my treadmill workout and find he was still about.  He actually joined me down in the workout room.

We toured the BMW facility here in Munich (Munchen) today.  Holy wow!  It was awesome!  There were cars there on display from the inception of BMW to present.  There was even a car that was made about three years ago (an 8 series, I think) that is a convertible and RED.  There was only ONE of those cars made and it was there in the museum.  Such a gorgeous machine.

We weren't able to tour the factory because there's a waiting list of about four months long to do that. Wtf?  THAT 411 wasn't in the write up online.  Oh well, touring the museum and the new showroom was enough eye candy for this girl.  Skip took a whole bucket full of photos of motorcyles and I think I heard him exclaim at least that many times, "Ooooh, David would love this one.  Wait, wait, I gotta send Dave this one."  Yeah, there were engines (not into it) and motorcycles (not into it) and cars (so into it) up the wazoo!

I know this may be a "duh" for some peeps but it was a "wow, really?" to me.  BMW makes mini coopers.  I didn't know that (insert Courtney's voice in here, please).

I sat inside a brand new BMW and asked Skip to shoot my photo.  I didn't want to get out of that beautiful car.  It just molded my body and felt so comfy.  That's ok, Herkie, you're safe, baby.  My loyalty is still to you.  The BMWs cost an assload of money and won't fit in my suitcase.

I have to say the tour and field trip was worth the time and money.  I had a great time.  We then came back and walked for a couple of hours out in the snow around Marianplatz.  We made our way over to the old Olympic stadium (built in 1847) and I insisted on getting my photo take on the stairs of said structure.

By the time we made our way back to the hotel room, Skip had had enough fun for one day.  But wait!  We still have dinner with the group tonight!  At least I know what NOT to order, right?

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i'm proud of you for braving the snow!! maybe now you'll be brave enough to move to idaho...?