Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Girl About Town

Skip went to his trade show (hated it!) and I went shopping (loved it!).  We met up later but while the cat was away . . .

Actually, I hit the treadmill this morning and began logging on my first workout in the direction of going on that 10k run with Princess in a month or so.  I have to say that I am duly embarassed at how out of shape this ol dawg has gotten.  Walking has been guut but running is my game and, boy am I OFF my game.

I then got myself pulled together and ventured out to see what I could see.  I found like FOUR Bux today (and the crowd goes wild) and managed to find myself a cute pair of boots.  Pretty good so far. I was also on the hunt to find little goodies to take home to the kiddos but I tend to get too picky in this department so I decided to wait for the man to come and help out.  Of course, he didn't really so . . .

Skip joiined up with me and it was clear within a couple of minutes that he was bored out of his ever loving mind.  I only kept him out for an hour before he made it clear he wanted to go back to our hotel room.  I felt like a naughty child that was told to go to her room (literally).  Of course, he was snorning within about 15 minutes of our arriving back to the hotel and I was pacing the room like a crazy person.

I finally looked up some fun things to do away from our hotel room for the next couple of days (yay me!) and told him I wanted to go walk to dinner and stroll around.  We ended up at Hard Rock Cafe and indulged in some good ol American salads (sometimes you just gotta take a break from this rich food and put something healthy in your body, right?)  When we walked out of the restaurant it was snowing!  Holy wow!!  (Ok, I'm a California girl).  We walked home in the snow and I finally gave in and let Skip have his away about sitting in the hotel room.

However . . . tomorrow . . .

No comments: