Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Perfect Date

It's funny because I was dreading today for quite awhile. I had to appear in court with one of my children and, quite frankly, the situation had the potential of going south pretty bad. Of course, the judge asked us to return in a couple of weeks to revisit the situation so I/we get to stress about the whole sitch for a bit more. Sigh.

Anyway . . . one of the reasons I was stressing about today was there was the possibility that my trip to LA to visit Skip was going to get cancelled because of this potential court outcome. By the judge putting the whole ordeal on "hold", I got to hop on that plane and fly the big birdie south. Yee!!

Skip promptly picked me up at the airport and we went back to his crib to "kick it". We watched a movie and then decided to get out and grab some grub. We went to an awesome restaurant called The Veggie Grill. OMG! I had the BEST dinner out EVER!!! We had like portabella mushroom burgers (no bread bun, here!) on steamed kale with miso sauce. There was a generous dollop of guacamole on top and the other "burger" (we shared everything) was a grilled veggie burger with sweet potato fries. This veggie girl was in hog heaven! So so so happy. I savored every morsel of my dinner.

We then went bowling (yeah, this square "home body" couple) and had a blast (Skip won). It was mega fun. While we were there, it became "midnight madness" and they turned the black lights on and played some pretty hip tunes. I dug on it - Skip . . . not so much. We then snagged some frozen yogurt and came back to the apartment to kick it some more.

In my opinion? Yeah, PERFECT date. Thank you babe for showing your girl an awesome time. I love you to bits!

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

daddy told me about that veggie grill place, he was excited to take you there!! so jealous..it sound delicious!