Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Stress Free Me?

Why does it always seem that when you get over one "stressor" in your life there's another one sitting right there on the horizon? It sometimes feels a bit defeating.

I was working on the family bills the other day and was elated that I was finally able to send off our last installment of property taxes for 2010. I've been stressing about it for months. It's been sitting in my "in" basket teasing and taunting me since like last October or so. Oh, I'd acknowledge it's presence and all and I would pick it up and give it a glare just to let it know that I completely disapprove of it's persistent nagging presence in my life, but then I'd put it back down and tuck it neatly at the bottom of the stack of other bills that seem to also be screaming for attention. It felt so good to send that little demon on it's way! Yay for me!

I was sitting back at my desk with my feet up congratulating myself when I noticed that there was an email from my realtor in my inbox of my email. My heart always gets giddy when she emails me because I'm hopeful that there is some good news and I could hardly wait the 2.3 seconds it took for my computer to open it. Well, there was good news and then there was . . . reality.

She suggested that she bring another realtor into the picture that is more savy with the horse world to help market out place (YES!). Then, she suggested that they come up to our place on Monday so the new realtor can have a "look see" and chat with me about some specific horse things pertaining to our place (OH NO!). Not "oh no" about meeting, no, that's a good thing. The "oh no" is that I've completely let the place go outside because it's been raining like a booger for EVER! The weeds have completely taken over and it truly looks like Sleeping Beauty's castle after the tenants had been asleep for 100 years! How the flip am I gonna hustle and make this place presentable when I've got church this afternoon and drill practice tonight?

Answer: I'm not.

There, stress over. I'm just going to hope and assume that they understand the weather "sitch" and will just give that nod and smile that says, "we know that you're going to get this dump cleaned up lickety split so we are not going to say anything at this time about your lack of attention to detail." Righto!

No comments: