Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechaun Trap

I remember those rascally little things. Man how I hated them! I hated when the assignment came home from school that we needed to build yet another witty leprechaun trap. I remember my children really getting into the spirit of it and how, in my mind I was thinking, "this is the most stupid project EVER!!"

Eat your words, Jody Weltz. What I would give to have those days back. Those days when my children were carefree and innocent. Those days when they loved me and adored me and thought I was the best thing since sliced bread.

These days are quite different. These days I'm the bane of their (Well, just one in particular) existence. None of my children have gotten through the teen years gracefully. Right now, I'm dealing with the worst yet. Yeah, this one tops the charts as far as Weltz teenagers go. The rub? So far ALL of my children that are grown love me again and I think they, once again, think I'm the best thing since sliced bread (well at least that's the fantasy that I'm hanging onto). Because I think MY mom is the best thing since sliced bread (and why do we use that silly phrase anyway?)

I've been told that by many that the twins are going to be my greatest challenge and my greatest joy. I can see that. They are 13 yet still sweet and innocent. They still think I'm wonderful and they still hang onto childhood fantasies. Right now I think I'm going to just go with it and enjoy being someone's hero.

So, anyone who "has" to make a leprechaun trap for a school assignment . . . enjoy the moment because it will pass oh so quickly.

No comments: