Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Marco . . . Polo . . .

I just had to post this although most everybody that reads my blog already heard the story today. I really want to put this down for journaling's sake. As I have mentioned before, I'm sure, I tend my four year old grand daughter four days a week during the day. Today, she was sick and stayed home with her momma. So when I picked the twins up from school one of them asked me where Ava was. I did the pretend shock thing and then said, "Oh no! I must have left her napping at home! We better get home quick before she discovers I'm not there!" I smiled and they were like, "Really?" I said, "Yeah!" We all got home and I went about my chores and Courtney went about homework (as usual) and I told Jacob to go pick up the lawn (dog logs) and we all dissipated. I didn't think any more about the incident. While I was coming up from the barn from feeding my horses I saw Jacob coming up the driveway looking pretty exhausted. I'm all, "What you been doing?" He says (with a VERY serious look on his face), "Mom! I've looked down at the creek and up by Boomer's grave (our dog that died) and everywhere. I can't find Ava. Do you know where else I should look?" OMG! We live on 26 acres of VERY rolling hills with a creek running through it and he covered quite a bit of it from the sounds of it. I almost felt bad if it hadn't been so dang funny. I said, "Why are you looking for Ava so bad?" He replied, "Well, I just wanted to play with her today. I haven't seen her in a long time and I miss her!"

No comments: