Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lately

I'm just feeling groovier than groovy right now because I got our tax prep stuff finished yeterday and ready to send off to the accountant. It's one of those chores I put off and put off and then Skip calls me and tells me that he has an appointment with our accountant on Saturday and I'm like, "HOLY CRAP! I better get those bad boys in the bag!" Well, in the bag they are and I even sent them off in a little box along with newspapers and magazines and such to Mr. Weltz to review and see if little ol' me has missed anything (of course, I haven't but it's fun for him to feel like he has the power to say I did, lol).

Also, I went to drill practice last night and realized that my horse is an unruly brat. I got called on the carpet (well, the sand) numerous times and so I made a decision that starting today I need to climb on board that obnoxious equine of mine and ride the living crap out of her. I did and it did my heart good to see her calm when her "work out" was complete today. I even made her suffer by having to witness the other Weltz horses snacking on long luscious grass right outside the arena (tee hee). I'm feeling a wee bit evil.

Once again Courtney had to head off to school in her pajamas today. For whatever reason, an hour just isn't enough time for her to get up, make her bed, get dressed, eat breakfast and brush her hair and teeth. I kind of felt sorry for her but she wasn't even in the neighborhood of being ready to go when we were at that last possible minute we could wait before we were late. I let her be late on Friday thinking that would have an impact but no dice. Today was met with a lot of tears and her being angry at me. Once again. . . no Mother of the Year award for me. Sniff sniff.

No comments: