Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Turn Around Day!

Today I had an, uh, appointment, shall we say, to go somewhere that I hate to go (no, not the gyno - although I do HATE that place too, lol). I was dreading it. The appointment was with one of my offspring and I knew that this child was going to be a pistol throughout the ordeal. However, go we did.

There was an extremely unpleasant situation that occurred. We were scheduled for 8:45 a.m. and by 11:30 it was clear that they had forgotten about us. When we approached the person in charge of shuttling us to where we were supposed to be, she giggled and said, "oh, my bad! We will have to reschedule you." Well, that child of mine went NUTS! This young person said some things and behaved in a most undesireable way. I calmly watched the "show". I, in the meantime, rescheduled the appointment for 2:00.

We then got in the car and I proceeded to drive to where we could get lunch that I could enjoy (yeah, I'm a bit high maintenance in this department). Halfway there, my child said, "It's okay, Mom, I'm beginning to calm down now." As soon as those words were out I began to engage in conversation. By the time the 2:00 appointment time had arrived we were laughing and having the best time together. The appointment came and went (with all of it's unpleasantness) and we drove back to our town together.

When we parted ways, there was a kiss, an "I love you" and I'll talk to you later, Mom. I drove away with the biggest smile on my face and the biggest amount of love in my heart for my child. Yes, great things can grow from a pile of crap!

No comments: