Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Digs

At this point it's no secret that Skip has an apartment in LA. He is working on a job down there for the next 18 months and has a pretty sweet apartment near his job site. Since he's not able to make it home very much lately, we've decided that at least once a month I would come down and spend some time with him. Danielle has been awesome in agreeing to tend the twins and Rob while I'm away. This weekend is my first time here.

I feel like I'm having a relationship with a new guy and I've just walked into his place for the first time. It's a total bachelor pad and it clearly belongs to an overly anal person (ahem, that would be my husband). It's taken a bit to get used to the fact that I'm married to this guy and I should just make myself at home. It was a weird feeling at first. I almost felt like I had to ask permission to use anything. I think I'm finally beginning to settle in a bit.

It's small and quiet and conveniently close to EVERYTHING. If you know anything about my life you'll know that I live anything but close to anything. It's very odd to be able to walk just downstairs and there's a Whole Foods kind of store a block away and a coffee shop just downstairs. It's pretty sweet. I know I mentioned in FB status that I could stay here for forever but my friends wisely commented that I would get bored. They're correct. However, it would be nice to stay for a bit longer than this weekend. My life is busy, stressful and very high energy. It's pretty sweet to just chill.

I know it's nothing new for most but for us that live in the country with lots of stuff going on, this is a novelty at best. So while I miss my man at home, it's pretty nifty that I get to have the opportunity to come down here and spend some alone time with my love in a fairly serene setting.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

i want to see pictures!