Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

In With the Old

It's funny. I buy things, sometimes, because they seem like a good idea at the time. Then, when I get home I put them away and they stay there. Sometimes FOREVER! Sad but true. I guess that means I'm a compulsive shopper. Not good.

Okay, so I was sitting at my desk last night, looking off toward the bookshelves and thinking about stuff that's on my mind. This book just jumped out at me! I walked over, pulled it out and I simply haven't put it down! It's a cookbook but it's so much more! It's full of pictures (really good pictures), information, stories and (oh my gosh!) really great recipes. It's inspiring and addicting! What was I thinking? I hardly even remember buying this book!

So then there's the horse sweaters that have been hanging in my closet for, I don't know how long. I know they were gifts that I have received but I just never get around to putting them on. Well, lately they have become my most treasured pieces of attire. I wear them constantly! I mean, I looked in the closet for something to wear and there they were! Like I have never seen them before.

Now I have to wonder how many other treasures are lurking around my house for me to re-discover . . .

No comments: