Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Day

What does it feel like to have a good day? Well, about a week ago I would have been pretty sarcastic (well, okay, most of the time I'm pretty sarcastic but I would have been MORE sarcastic) and said something to the effect of "how the heck would I know? I don't remember having one of those in like FOREVER!"
Today - different story. Took a pretty sweet yoga class with Mollie this morning - well, actually the little darling kicked my royal happy butt with her smiley, cute little Mollie face saying something like, "This is going to be a real arm and core strengthening day!" At any rate, after Siavasana I was pretty blissed out.
I then went and visited a friend for a spell and then high tailed it over to P-town and had lunch with one of my favoritist peeps EVER!!! Neener!!! We went to TJ's and scored some salads and sparkling water and headed to a park and just sat in the grass and talked and snarfed up those yummy salads.
Usually Neener (okay, her real name is Stephanie but I've always called her Neener) and I go on some pretty intense gut and butt busting hikes but my sweet friend fell on the ice in Alaska and totally did a bad number on her ankle. She's laid up for quite awhile.
What's cool about Neener is that we can talk about stuff that we can't seem to talk to other peeps about. Really deep stuff. It's a friendship that I treasure and am going to be super duper sad when she moves back to Colorado in two weeks.
After lunch, I picked up Court from school and came home. I went right to my room for a "20-minute power nap" that kinda turned into a 45 minute deal. Oh well. I then headed to the barn, saddled up Ellie and rode.
Time on the mat. Time with my bestie. Time to take a snooze. Time in the saddle. Good times = good day.

No comments: