Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bad Mommy!!!

I think I should feel bad but, really, I don't. Courtney has been on me like crazy lately about the Easter Bunny and really hoping that he would bring her lots of "gum and candy and toys and treats" (a term that is commonly used by our family). I informed her that Easter Bunny doesn't come to our home (come on, she IS 12 years old, after all) because we ALWAYS leave for vacation for Easter break. Right now we are in Anaheim (where the earth is shaking like crazy, btw) so that I can take the little angels to Disneyland this week. Somehow, that doesn't seem good enough for her. Last year we were in Mexico, the year before that we were on a cruise and the year before that we were in Australia. Really? Shouldn't that be a really cool replacement?

Okay, so today is Easter. Happy Easter everyone! We've had a chill day (because Sunday is always a chill day for our family). Still she has persisted about how it sucks that she didn't get anything. We had to dip into the grocery store for a couple of items so that I can prepare dinner tonight and she saw all the Easter crap out and started really trying to draw my attention to the baskets, bunnies, candy etc. I didn't cave (yay, for me, I guess).

So, here's the rub. Should I just buy the Disney tickets and say "Happy Easter" as I serve them their tofu lettuce wraps for dinner? Yeah, I know, I should be making ham or some other big fancy dancy dinner but really the thought of that repulses me.

Well, whatever it ends up to be, here's where I stand . . . Tuesday when we are walking into the Disney park I'll say something to the tune of "Wow, you could have had a fancy Easter basket or this. Glad you guys are good with this." Maybe that will help her to change her perspective.

Jacob? Yeah, that boy is just a cruiser on stuff like this. He just rolls his eyes at his sister. He's just so happy to be hangin with "mom". Thank you, God, for twins that are 180 degrees from each other!!!

No comments: