Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Better Day

Last night I cried on my friend's shoulder. I was just at my wit's end. Stuff in life just seemed to big to handle and I just wanted it to all go away. I'm almost embarassed at how upset I was but then, I guess, that's what our bestest girlfriends are for, right?
It's great what a good night's sleep will get you.
I woke up this morning and felt ready to go (I overslept and didn't get up till like 7:00). The twins and I went for a stellar hike before the rain settled in. We came home and organized, had quiet time (i.e. Mom needs a nap time), and packed for our trip to Disneyland (we leave tomorrow morning). Jacob didn't have summer clothes that fit so we did a field trip to town and scored him some threads. He's stoked.
There was another problem with one of my children that snagged my attention and I jumped in the middle of it. I stayed on it like a dog with a bone and was able to come up with a plan for my boy. I'm feeling good about the outcome.
This evening, I feel good. I feel like things have brightened up a bit and I'm looking forward to our trip south tomorrow. Yup, I'm so grateful that things come to pass.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

you're so awesome! i'm so inspired by your sunny outlook on life so soon after things seem to suck so bad for you :) i love you ofum. i am coming home ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!