Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Times Like These

Lately, I have a few things on my mind that seem to be over ruling the nice balance of my life.
  • Billy. I love that horse and I really want to buy him but, well . . . you know, money always gets in the way of what we "think" we need. I "think" I need Billy but I gotta get rid of that cute little pony first. Grrr
  • Pierre. That little rascal has become the terror of the neighborhood. First he was "playing" with my bunnies (both of them) and then within an hour of each other they died of heart attacks. Broke my heart and cried like a baby as I was burying them. Two days ago one of my neighbor's peacocks was found dead in my yard with a very guilty looking pup hovering by. Guess who had to deal with THAT ill fated bird? This morning, another attack. This time one of my hens is missing and Pierre and Maddie were snacking on her nest of eggs that she's been tending. That pup!!!
  • Horses. Want more time to ride them!!! End of story. Really want to join that drill team and go play in the rodeos. Sound crazy?
  • Garden. Want more time to play in my garden! There's so much to do and my days keep getting chopped up by stuff like grocery shopping, picking up kids, doing "responsible" errands. Yuck!

The good news is is that I DID get a couple plants put in the ground yesterday! Yay! Also, I have been out riding my steeds a couple times a week. So, there IS a bright light in this tunnel, right? Actually, life is GREAT and I am super happy these days. Yoga is fabulous and the sunshine makes my soul want to jump out of my body and soar!

No comments: