Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pissy Missy

Courtney and I went grocery shopping yesterday (Saturday before Thanksgiving). When we arrived, the parking lot was packed which should have been my first clue.

Second clue was when I entered into the store and there were people EVERYWHERE! I embarked on my usual routine which would be produce first and work my way across the store to the bakery (ahem, of which I DID NOT purchase anything, thank you very much!)

I was annoyed, frustrated and very short fused. Everywhere I turned I was bumping into someone, an aisle was blocked or another individual was in my way of where I wanted to grab this item or that. I was just getting down right pissed off!!

After about two aisles of being a "pissy missy" I decided to change my attitude. I started to smile at people and laugh when we were going for the same thing or our carts almost would collide. It was kind of a challenge to get other people to respond in a positive way back to me. I even overheard two women chatting and one was saying, "well, maybe we can just do a turkey AND a ham!" As I was passing I said, "Wow! I think I'll just come over and join you for Thanksgiving!" They both looked up at me surprised and then started laughing. Then one responded with, "That would be fun! We sure are going to have plenty of food!"

I was having so much fun interacting with crabby people in a positive way that I was almost disappointed when it was time for us to enter the check stand. But enter it we did. Court and I were laughing and in a wonderful mood. I noticed that she was even starting to interact with people too. Funny how kids pick up your habits - good and bad (I'll have to re-enter that one in my mental filing cabinet for future reference).

So, do I want to head back out to the grocery store again before Thanksgiving? Heck no!!!

No comments: