Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's Over!

What's funny is that I really thought I prayed about it and it was the right direction to go. I so wanted to show Skip that I could do something good and actually make a little money doing it. I guess he's right. I'm just meant to stay home and do the "mom" and "wifey" thing. I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself - it's just the way it is.

Nancy told me today that she's pretty sure that she's not going to be doing massage any more. Kyle is closing up the shop at the end of the year and that leaves me high and dry. Unless I choose to be one of those people that go to other peeps homes and give zones, I'm just out of business. I don't really want to do that.

I've worked hard - well, in my opinion I have. I don't make as much $$ as my husband by any means but it was something that I loved. I love zoning people's feet. I love listening to their health concerns and offering natural alternatives to helping them. I love learning about oils and herbs and every other way to heal the body without meds.

Enough sniffling. Now, a new game plan. To pack up my office and move out. To find a way to utilize all the herbs and oils that I have purchased for clients. To get excited about just taking care of business at home.

Only if home was a little closer to town . . .

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WHAT??!? I don't see the Jody I know giving up so easily!!! There are MANY places to rent space for not much $$. Let's talk. :D

Laurie said...

Oh bummer! Sometimes our paths are just crooked and we can't see around the next bend. Somehow I suspect amazing things are waiting for you to catch up to them.