Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Knight in Shining Armour

I miss my man, that's all there is to it. Since Marchish he has been working up in The City on a job and spends at least two nights a week there. He often has other important places to go that require him to sleep in other beds (alone).

I'm tired of holding the fort down by myself. I'm tired of being a single parent. I'm tired of all the extra trips up and down the hill. I'm tired of Skip coming home mentally and physically checked out only to repack his suitcase and be gone the next day. I'm tired of being tired.

However . . . he comes home tomorrow night (haven't seen him since Sunday this time) and he spends all weekend home! Yay, yay, yay! I'm so hoping that we can score a date night out of the deal somewhere in the next three days (Sunday is consumed by church and he almost always has evening meetings, grrrr).

Okay, the upside? Yup, there is one. My man has a job and he works frickin hard to support us. We get to have a home (ahem, a ranch with horses for the wifey-poo), good reliable vehicles to drive, two kids in college and one kid doing home school, food on the table and clothes (pretty decent ones at that) on our back.

I appreciate all you do for us, babe. I'm so grateful that you are willing to venture out into the wilderness and slay those nasty, vicious, wild dragons to keep your family safe and happy. I love you more than anything!

No comments: