Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Better by the Call

The last few weeks have been . . . tumultous at best. We have had drama after drama lately and I'm so ready for the games to end!

The first call I got was when I arrived in Rexburg taking Brian up to school. It was a humdinger, at best! One of those calls you NEVER want to receive (no, nobody died - it wasn't THAT bad but close). It took the wind out of my sails and caused me to shed an abundance of tears.

The second one came last night. Brian's friend borrowed his truck, lost control of the vehicle on the ice and ended up rolling it a few times. The truck, needless to say, is totalled. The friend is okay - a miracle. The officer on the scene said that he couldn't believe that the young man survived the crash. With all of THAT drama, that call was easier to receive than the first one.

Today came call number three (everything seems to happen in threes). The plans we have had for Thanksgiving and Brian's birthday need to be changed because one of my children has been assigned some special work hours that change all of our plans. Yeah, that one was so not as big as #1 and #2.

I'm expecting the next call to be from some stranger informing me that I was their 1 millionth customer and they are rewarding me with $5,000,000 and a 1 hour shopping spree at the store of my choice (Hmm, I need to make it good). I mean, really! Isn't that the way these things work? I'll keep you informed . . .

No comments: