Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Sunday

It's funny cuz I didn't want to go to church in the first place. Skip's knee is recovering from surgery last Thursday and it was a brilliant excuse for the fam to stay home and help him through his recovery.

The Lord had other plans (dang it). Jana called and asked me to sub her class. How can I say "no" to Jana? Well, I didn't. Soooo, I planned on just going for the second hour and zipping back home again.

Skip woke up this morning and was able to actually walk on his sad leg (bad news for me). I prepared my lesson (I had to use a conference talk cuz I lost the 411 Jana had given me - shhh, don't tell Jana). Since it was obvious that Skip didn't REALLY need us, I woke up the twins and reluctantly did the right thing - went to church for the whole block.

Low and behold, I had one of the bestest Sundays in about 1-1/2 years! Sacrament was awesome and then I went to teach my class (with my well-prepared lesson). Hahahaha. Joke's on me! NOBODY showed up. The lesson was meant for your's truly. Relief Society was rockin and now I'm home feeling very well-fed spiritually.

Who woulda thunk it??

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

NO ONE showed up??!! slackers!! i'm glad you had a good sunday :) i didn't (couldn') go to church because my husband and your baby had the car...which i forgot about until i was ready for church and walking out the door; too late to get a ride! i suck :(