Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Service

This seems to be the buzz word of my life of late. I know, like, what?!?!?!? It's funny because I didn't realize it, but I think I just cruise through my life and just take care of #1 (that would be me just clear up any confusion).

So I have heard from numerous sources that service is what is going to make us the best we can be. I want that - who doesn't? Heck, even the first lady is preaching to us about it! My question is this; where do I find this service thing? Is there a store I can purchase it at or do I go online and google it?

Okay, but seriously, I really need to figure out how to find opportunities to serve. I know that that sounds like a silly thing to say but I think people are afraid to approach me because they think I'm too "busy". That says a lot about me and, I have to admit, I'm a little ashamed.

So the newest quest in my life is to figure out how and where I can be useful. Maybe it's just reaching beyond my comfort zone and helping a random person - maybe a not-so-random person. I guess we will all be sitting on the edge of our seats to see what I come up with (including me).

No comments: