Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Name?

I'm just THAT close to finishing up yet another yoga teacher certification class.  In another week I'll be a certified Curvy Yoga Teacher.  That means that I can teach and help people that are in larger bodies.  I love my job and I love being the 'special needs' yoga teacher.

So, this last week in class my teacher lectured on marketing and getting your name out there.  She strongly suggested that we have a website or, at the very least, a blog (not this one) where we post where we teach, when we teach and any special workshops that we are holding.  We should also post information about any other business ventures we are into (zoning).  And, last but not least, we were encouraged to have a name for our business.

A name?  A name for my business?  I'm thinking Special Needs Yoga wouldn't attract the right people.  "In the Zone" only addresses that part of my life.  So . . . . any ideas?  I know that Brandilyn will have something cute and witty.

But wait . . . . there's more.  A website?  Another blog?  That almost sounds as overwhelming as my life on the compound (referring to my last post).  Computerism is NOT my strong suit.  When someone takes the time and patience to show me how to maneuver around in such places I can sort of grasp the concept.  Then there's the chore of keeping my peeps updated.  OMG!  There's something else!  How do I find these "peeps" and how do I let them know how to find me out here in webland?

Sounds like I need more school.  Sigh.


2 comments:

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

You should call Derek, that is what he does for a living!

brandilyn said...

let me help, too! i'll make you a blog and tell you what to post! you could make short videos, like "here's a pose to help with a headache," just a 5 minute clip. i'll start brainstorming a name...