Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Living Small(er)

I've been kicking it here in LA with Skip for the better part of three weeks now since he got sick.  First off, here I was sleeping in his apartment at night and spending my days at the hospital with him. I was sort of enjoying the time out alone and tried, in my mind, to fantasize what it would be like to live alone (like Skip does) and have NOBODY to answer to and be as free as a bird.  I liked the picture.

So then Skip gets released from the hospital and now it's just the two of us kicking it here together.  He's layed up, for the most part, so we spend most of our time in his apartment.  It still wasn't a big deal.  Oh, I missed my alone time to do my meditation and practice my yoga, but the situation was do-able.

Now Skip is getting better and we are venturing out and about a bit.  It feels a little better to get out of the "box" called his apartment but still enjoyable to have a very "contained" lifestyle.  I'm cooking our meals in (we usually go out for almost every meal when I would come to visit) so we are eating healthier and the lifestyle is still pretty chill.

However. . . . I'm missing space.  Where we live up north we have lots of space for the horses and gardens and such.  Oh, the place is more than a chore to keep up with - both physically AND financially.  I feel like I'm more out of control than in control up there.  My heart is a wee bit sad as I sit here contemplating my flight home in a couple of hours.  The chores, the stress, the frantic struggle to stay afloat, the endless driving, the constant pull of people all around of me for my attention.  Yes, there's good things but the more challenging things so outweigh the things that make me happy.

The proposed solution?  Something in between.  The hunt is on for the perfect place to live.  The place where the weather suits me (because I'm the most particular about that), the chores are minimal, the yoga is plentiful, the stress is dramatically reduced.  Is there really such a heaven on earth?  Is there really a possibility that someone - anyone - would want to take over Rancho De Stresso and make my life?  If so . . . I'm ready.

No comments: