Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lil Ol Granny

At this moment and time I feel pretty blessed. My daughter is pregnant with our second grand baby, my boy is about to leave for college in Santa Barbara to pursue the career of his dreams, my other son is getting ready to move out and experience the joy of being on his own and I'm about to have a fairly quiet home. Just the twins, Danielle and Jeff and myself. Of course, there will be the occasional visit from Skip one or two weekends a month.

I think I'm going to enjoy this new change quite a bit. The boys will both be close enough (3 hours for one and 5 hours for the other) that they can come home and have Mom do laundry and make a bit of a fuss over them but yet they can live their life and reap the rewards of their choices.

As for that grand baby . . . well, I'm (yeah, the baby scrooge) actually beginning to get a bit excited. I LOVE to talk to Brandilyn and hear how she's doing. She's so dang cute about the changes her body is going through and I love to hear how her man is just as excited as her.

Yep, my babies are growing up and life is making a pretty sweet change. I'm looking forward to chillin in my rocking chair and waiting for the Sunday phone calls, gray hair and all!

No comments: