Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Food for Laughter

Robbie often has friends over to spend the night. I guess it's a right of passage when you live in the Room of Doom. I pretty much just accept it because I'm at a point in my life that I just don't want to fight it anymore.

He has this one friend that always brings their little cute dog with a little cute bell on it's collar. Every morning, this individual lets the dog out of the bedroom when they know I'm in the kitchen doing my morning thing and I let the dog outside to do it's morning thing. No big deal . . . to me, at least.

Well, this weekend I guess this particular friend spent the night while I was away. Evidently Brian and Danielle were in the kitchen working away and the little doggie with the little bell was let out of the room. Danielle must have said something indicating that she thought this ritual was ridiculous so Brian decided to take action (oh-oh. You know this has to be good) . . . .

We own four dogs and Jeff and Danielle own one dog. That makes five dogs that live here full time. We also have three cats that reside here with us. With tinker bell doggie that makes a whopping SIX dogs!!! Well, Brian proceeded to load all six dogs and all three cats into Robbie's room and then quietly shut the door.

About 10 minutes later, out comes Robbie, in his boxers rubbing his eyes and sleepily stating the obvious, "All the dogs and cats are in my room." Right behind him, just like the Pied Piper, comes a parade of dogs and cats.

When this story was retold to me I was in hysterics. Later, when I was out on my run I was thinking about this visual again and just busted up laughing. I'm sure anyone that saw me running yesterday was pretty sure that I was completely daft. I probably am but this time I had a pretty good reason for the hysteria.

I/we can ALWAYS count on Brian to provide a lot of humor to counteract all the other turmoil that he creates in our home.

No comments: