Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

What Goes Around . . .

Yesterday I was talking to Brian on the phone. He's up in Idaho at college. We were chatting and I was venting, a little, about my frustration that Robbie is never home and always out with his friends. I then told Brian that I knew that this was normal. I've been through it four times already with all of the older kids.

Brian asked me to send him something and to ask Robbie where it was. I informed him that Robbie was spending the night at a friend's house and that I wouldn't see him (I guess that's where the conversation about me being frustrated initiated). Brian asked me who Rob was staying with and I (thinking quick on this one, lol) gave him the name of one of Brian's friends that still lives around here that I know Robbie still occasionally communicates with. Brian got really upset and said, "NO WAY!! No, Mom, don't let him stay there! That is a really bad atmosphere for Robbie to be in." I laughed and told him that I was kidding and that he was staying with a different friend. Brian then said, "Oh, wow, you had me going there for a minute."

I smiled in satisfaction. Oh, yes! My boy is beginning to see the light (I think). We've been down a rough and rocky road with that boy and I'm so grateful to see him growing and progressing in a good and positive way.

As it turns out . . . Robbie brought his friend home and they hung here last night with us. Yeah, yesterday was a good day.

No comments: