Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Big Grey Hunk of Deliciousness!

Yesterday I went out to the ranch to ride my trusty steed. Black Horse. I love that horse so much. I understand him and he just packs my happy tail around the ring and over the jumps like a trooper. He even gets "naughty" every once in awhile and cuts out and starts bucking. I so love it when he does this (even though it infuriates my trainer to no end).

Well, yesterday was another story all together. I started heading out to the ring to ride and noticed that my darling equine was "off". He was definitely favoring one of his front legs. My trainer says "no trotting, cantering or jumping today!" I was bummed. What's the use of riding? I put him away with a big sad frown upon my mug.

I then carefully asked Irene (my trainer) if I could ride Billy. She said I could. I was a little intimidated by his size and the fact that he's pretty "green". I bucked up and climbed aboard and had the ride of my life. He floated around the ring and was such a good boy! I'm in love! It's such a teaser that he's for sale and at a killer price to boot!

So am I cheating on Black Horse? Um, yeah. Do I feel bad? Not too much. Will I ride Billy again if I'm given the opportunity? You bet your butt I will!!!