Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Them Boys


I came home last night and found this beautiful note from Jacob on my bathroom counter. He had done something that really, really, really had me heated up mad and totally fixed his bad with this. Not only is the note very sweet and heartfelt, but you have to understand that this is a note from a young man who could not write a legible word not two months ago! Yeah Jacob!
So, then there is Brian today. My calendar said that he had work at 9 (an unheard of hour for my 18 year old). I woke him up and left with the twins and headed to my yoga class. The twins had homework and such to do so they were busy doing that while I was in my class. The receptionist snuck quietly into class and told me my son needed me. I, thinking it was Jacob, was annoyed but quickly exited my class to see what was up. Surprise! It was Brian! There was a mistake and he didn't have work at all. He then did the unspeakable. He asked if he could spend the day with the twins so that I could get my "stuff" done that is weighing on me.
Wow! He took them bowling then went to take them to the waterslide park. They weren't able to use my credit card to do that so he took them to a park and lunch until is was time for Courtney's therapy. They all had the bestest day.
It's so great when my boys are great. It maketh me to be a happy mom.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

oh, wow! what a great day and what a wonderful note. what a great family you are raising :)