Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dumpster Diver!


As we were leaving town and heading for Vancouver for our annual trek up north, Robbie asked if we could go to the local bicycle shop and grab a crate to ship his bicycle up to Seattle on the train with him.
I said, "Uh, Rob darling, don't you know it's Sunday and the store isn't open. Besides, it IS the sabbath day and we aren't supposed to be shopping. Oh, and yeah, money???"
Rob looked at me like I was half out of my mind. "What are you talking about? You are catted! (new slang for ridiculous)."
Was I missing something here? Yup, I sure was! The kid has it going on, I tell you. He wanted to lift a bicycle crate box out of the dumpster. I'm duly impressed.
Now my question . . . how DID he know that that is what is in their dumpster?

No comments: