Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Calling

So I FINALLY received and accepted a new calling at church. The calling is . . . (drum roll) . . . Activity Day Leader!!! Yeah, it caught me off guard too. I USED to have this calling 6-1/2 million years ago when Brandilyn looked like this (yeah, that would be Cassidy sitting next to her at the top of the photo but don't tell) and it was called Achievement Day Girls.

I have been pretty elusive about callings for about 9 months now and they finally caught up with me. Go figure.

Okay, so I was talking to my darling friend, Jasmine, on the phone today and she informed me that she had that calling not too long ago. She said (and I quote) "you will love it! They are as darling as a . . . as a . . . box of new little puppies."


(Did she really say that?) I then replied, "Well, that's all fine and good as long as one of them doesn't piddle on me!"

I was then counciled by my dear friend, "No problem. Just have your activities near a restroom at all times!"

Advice taken. So now here's my little Courtney who is one of my Activity Day Girls. Any guesses on what she is going to look like in 10 years?

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

oh my gosh--did cass EVER have an awkward phase?? i feel like mine lasted from 5th grade until like my sophomore year of high school!

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Good luck on the new calling. You don't have to be out of the Watterson loop if you don't want to. At least with me, I know the phone works 2 ways. And yes, Jillian is moving, but you saw that through facebook a few weeks ago. I am sad to see her go, but if it is right for them I can't complain.