Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blast of My Past

Today my dad and the twins and I went up to Amboy to check out their Territorial Days. They had rides and, of course, the twins' eyes were as big as could be. Me, being the mom that I am, said, "NOT!!!" Sad faces.


We walked around and really didn't see much to write home about. But, hey, it's Amboy what did you expect???












Okay, so this is where I laugh at my past. Last year, when Ann and I were getting ready to attend our 20 year high school reunion (Lol), we decided to all out and get really dolled up. We bought really nice gowns and had our hair done and even got our nails done. We both felt like a million bucks.


Well, we got to the reunion and this is what the guys looked like. I was once again the laughing stock of my high school class.


I found this picture at the museum up in Amboy. Actually, they were having some kind of lumberjack contest there and there were guys walking around dressed like this and all the cute little Barbies were fawning all over them.
So, then today, my daddy found this little beauty. It is a Model A - almost exactly a duplicate of the car he drove as a teenager. He was so excited to check this out.
I love it when I see a smile creep across his face. My dad has always been my hero and I look up to him so much!

No comments: