Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

So Irresponsible!!!!

Today Cory came up to our house to do some work to help us get our home on the market. He brought Ava to play with "Grandma" (that would be me!!). It was windy, foggy, cold and a bit drizzly out but Ava wanted to go see the "horseys" so I conceded and we headed to the barn.

My first thought was that we would walk by the paddocks and pet some of the horseys to take care of her horsey fix for the time being since it was soooo cold. We stopped at Zoe's place and I couldn't help myself - I put on her halter and we walked Zoe down to the barn for a little brushing and to let Ava help.

No, that wasn't enough for me. I guess I should have figured this out about myself by now. I decided to maybe let Ava sit on her back but before I knew it, my saddle and bridle were in place on the mare - don't quite know how that happened. Of course, I had to get on and quickly snatched my little granddaughter on board with me. She fit so snuggly and cute in the front of my saddle.

I was going to just walk around a little bit but then, before I knew it, we were on the trail to the top of our property. We went all the way up and came back to the barn. Thinking this was way more than a little 2 year old (almost) could possibly have hoped for, I went back to the barn feeling kind of disappointed but wanting to not overdo. Ava's little face fell when I lifted her off the horse and her little lip started to quiver. What was a grandma to do? I quickly scooped her back on board with me and we were off to the park for another couple of miles of riding.

I know, so who takes a little 2 year old out on a 1-1/2 hour horseback ride? Um, yeah, that would be me. And what kind of little girl can be happy sitting in the saddle with her grandma for that long? That's right, GRANDMA'S GIRL! OH YEAH!!!!

No comments: