Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marley



This is Marley. We never asked for another cat (heaven knows we certainly have more that I have EVER wanted - I don't really care for cats and my husband absolutely loathes the creatures!).

But, nonetheless, Brandilyn found him abandoned in a warehouse in the freezing cold up in Idaho Falls and he was pretty near death. He was emaciated, dehydrated and had really infected eyes. Brandilyn, being the animal loving soul that she is (okay, she DOES get that from me) rescued the little guy going against all the rules of her landlord with regards to having pets.

When she came home from Idaho last year, Marley came with her. When she left for Idaho this year, Marley stayed home. He grew, and grew and grew. He grew in stature and he grew into our hearts (well mine).

This cat has the most "pussanality" of any cat I have ever known. He is smart - really smart and affectionate. For instance . . . when I'm sleeping at about 3:30 a.m. (this used to be Brandilyn's rise time, I think, when she worked at the USDA) he will jump on my bed and gently rub his paw under my nose. When I swat him away, he is persistent. When this doesn't yield the desired result, he jumps on my rocking chair making it go "click-clack, click-clack, click-clack". This will continue for a spell and if he still hasn't succeeded in pissing me off enough to roust me out of bed, he will then go to the door and bat at the spring making the "boooiiiiinnng" music to spring (pardon the pun) me out of bed. By then, I'm pretty annoyed and he finally has my attention. Brat!!!

But then there are the good times. Like when I'm getting dressed and he jumps on the island in our closet and rubs his head against mine. Oh, and when I'm doing laundry or cooking or getting my hair done that he meows and rubs and purrs. It just melts my heart. Of course, that's when I figure out that all he wants is to go outside so that he can stand at the glass door and meow to come back in. So, yeah, I guess it is all about him. Go figure.

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

i'm so jealous :( i miss marls. he is such a cool cat...mostly i miss having animals around. it leaves a hole in my heart. a marley sized hole, to give you an idea of just HOW big the hole is ;)

brandilyn said...

he is SO excited to learn 'cowboy' things and to get a pair of wranglers...which, hey, i'm not complaining about!
i want to move to AZ sobadsobadSOBAD. and i just had a really cool experience at my store. i'm blogging about it right now so you canread it ;)