Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beauty All Around

Can you actually believe this? It is November 16 and the weather is phenominal! I was out riding my horse in the hills at 8:00 a.m. with only my t-shirt on (well, I had jeans, socks, boots and underwear too but you get the point, don't you?). The fall colors were glorious. There was greens mixed with orange, red and yellow. It was the most beautiful painting I have seen that Heavenly Father has created. My senses were ALIVE!!!

I was on Ellie and anyone who knows Ellie knows that it was a pretty wild ride. The mare loves to RUN! She seems to never tire. I am in awe at her athletic ability. We went on a trail that Dave and I had discovered while he was out here visiting and it was so magical to be out for 2-1/2 hours all by myself with my horse and two dogs (yes, Pierre went and he was DRAGGING when we got home, poor guy).

There is something so spiritual about being in the hills alone with your thoughts (of course, with Ellie it was a little difficult to concentrate too much on my thoughts - it was more like "whoa, whooooa!!!). But, the point is is that I am so able to focus on the positive wonderfulness of my life and what a gift I have been given to be living here in this place in this time. All I can say is, "Thank you Heavenly Father for all of my blessings!!"

So, if anyone wants to come and join me on a Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. (Nancy was supposed to join me but she must have overslept or something), they are soooo welcome. I would love to share the magic of the hills on the back of one of my trusty steeds with you. But you have to promise to allow me to have my space to just drink in all the beauty and majesty of this beautiful earth we live in.

No comments: