Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Herkimer

I have a new love.  He's amazing.  He takes me where I want to go and he does it with STYLE!  He's as handsome as can be and he never gives me any grief.

Okay, really, I just got a new car.  I've named him Herkimer.  Don't ask me where the flip I came up with that one but it just seems to fit.  Actually, I wanted to get a personalized license plate with his name on it but then everyone would know the car was mine and . . . quite frankly, being a "Weltz" in this town is not necessarily a good thing.  My boys have done quite a number on our family name.  Ahem!!

Anyway, Herkie (his nickname.  Isn't it cute?) is a RED turbo VW Beetle.  He's got a sunroof and a navigation system (because his driver is geographically challenged), tinted windows, bad ass wheels and his black dash is trimmed in red (because I really thought that would be amazing).  I love driving him a LOT.  He maketh me to smile exceedingly.

Brian came home from Sweden for a month and, when I picked him up from the airport, he asked if he could drive my car.  "HELL no!!"  He then asked Danielle and Robbie what the heck was up with Mom not allowing anyone to drive her car OR her truck and they both just gave him "the look."

You see, part of that Weltz reputation around this town has a wee bit to do with the boys (Brian's) driving "skills".  That's all I have to say about thaaaaaat.  This time I'm being very particular about my truck and car. I feel very grateful to have nice vehicles to take me, the twins and my ponies from here to there.

Actually, I let Danielle drive Herkie when we go to my yoga class on Monday nights because she gets car sick if she's a passenger and she drives him very carefully.  Of course, I'm riding shotgun and eagle eyeing everything she does (sorry D).

Yeah, Herkie and I are now a new couple.  We go together well.  Last week, in fact, when I parked him outside the studio that I teach at, the owner peeked out and said, "Wow!  I wonder who's cool bug that is." 

I smiled and said, "That's my car."

He then replied, "Hmm.  That car looks really nice outside of our studio."

Big smile!

No comments: