Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flashdance Bucket

Today in yoga, for whatever reason (because I was late and didn't hear the beginning), my yoga teacher was honoring the Goddess of Destruction. I get that on some level. Everytime our lives meet with utter and complete destruction it devastates us at the time but later we can look back and see that the cleansing was a good thing. We were able to begin anew.

We reached a point in our practice and she said, "I'm going to play the chant for you honoring the Goddess of Destruction." From directly behind me I heard my dear friend whisper the word "no". I turned around and could see distress on her face. I stepped over to her mat and whispered to her, "What's wrong?"

She said, "I'm scared. I don't want to honor the Goddess of Destruction. I've had too much of that. I don't want to hear this."

Just then I felt divine inspiration. I said to her, "I'm going to dump my Flashdance bucket of white light from above all over you." I held my imaginary bucket over her head and dumped and then (without physically touching her) pretended to spread it all around her. I looked at her face and she looked peaceful with closed eyes and a beautiful smile. I felt spiritually charged. I then returned to my own mat.

As soon as I tuned back into what my teacher was doing/saying, I noticed that she was fussing with her ipod. She then said, "Huh. I can't get my ipod to play that song. It wants the one before it and the one after it but it won't play the song I want!" She then allowed her ipod to play and the song that came on was a chant praising God.

After class, my friend walked up to me and exclaimed, "Jody, I don't know what you did but the energy that charged my body when you did that Flashdance thing was amazing! Not only did the song not play but I felt so enveloped in love and goodness. Thank you SO much!"

I won't take credit for it. I can't say that "I" caused anything. I can say that I acted on impulse and was guided and directed. I, too, felt the spiritual energy. I'm grateful for what I know. I'm grateful for the knowledge that we are all spiritual beings on an earthly experience and that we are ALL able to tap into our higher power when we need to.

Thank you, God, for allowing me to serve you through my friend today.

No comments: