Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gay Rodeo

I love the Gay Rodeo. Have I mentioned that before? I mean, those people know how to have a good time. The other rodeos we go to the people are pretty uptight. They are intense and seemingly stressed out. The whole energy of the rodeo is very competitive (as I guess it should be) and . . . professional. Okay, yeah, I guess we are a professional team and should treat our performances as such. However, the Gay Rodeo has a more fun and enjoyable vibe. That's all I have to say about that, lol.

Anyway, I brought two of my horses to the performance. My team mate, Brooke, is borrowing Cowboy since her mare is having some challenges with her hip (she is in her mid twenties after all) and Cowboy is just a better option for now. Ellie, my mare, is a rockstar at performances. She just is "on" and shines and loves to lope around the ring with everyone applauding her. It's actually kind of comical to see her shine. I just love being her rider.

Cowboy, however, is young and was a bit fearful in the warm-up ring. He was spooking at the cows (it IS a rodeo, after all) and jumping at all the "new" scary things that were about. When we were lined up waiting to go into the show ring my coach was extremely concerned about him and a couple of other horses in our group that were acting up. As we sat there, I silently said a prayer and asked angels to surround the scared horses and comfort them and allow them to perform the way they have practiced. I closed my eyes and allowed the spirit to be strong with me and then projected the energy to the horses.

I'm here to tell you . . . we trotted into the ring and had one of the best performances EVER! I was so proud of our team and the crowd LOVED us! It was 9/11 and we were doing a very patriotic performance. I was proud to be a member of the Diablo Ladies Drill Team, proud to be part of the performance and so proud to be an American. As we trotted out of the ring I closed my eyes and sent a prayer of gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I knew and He knew EXACTLY why we had such a rockin performance.

No comments: