Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Extreme Cop

Today Brandilyn was flying in to Oakland to spend a couple of days with us (me). I dipped into 7-11 and scored some Vitamin Water drinks for the twins and off to the airport I flew. We got there a wee bit early (okay, like 1/2 hour) so I plopped my merry crew down in the park and call lot till it was time to swoop on my princess.

About 10 minutes before her plane was due to land Courtney broke into mass hysteria and claimed that she had to go to the restroom NOW!! I politely and calmly indicated that there was no facility nearby and that she would have to hold it. That was unacceptable to her. She continued to howl louder (okay, now you got my attention).

Brandilyn called and I put the car in gear and proceeded to drive up to the pick-up place. I texted her the emergency with her sister and asked her to be on the lookout for her. I sent the twins inside with directions to the restrooms and asked them to hold hands and stay together. Off they went. Off I went to circle around again.

When I came back around I was stopped at a traffic light. I was the second vehicle in line. The twins came bolting out of the airport and ran right out into the street to jump in my car (not waiting for me to pull to the curb). About as quick as I could blink a cop jumped out in front of my car, slamming his hand on my hood yelling, "That's a ticket! Do NOT move the vehicle, maam. You are receiving a ticket! Those were minor children running out into the street. Do you have any idea how dangerous that was?"

Okay, really? I understand the situation but did he really see what happened? Did I motion my "minor" children to run out into the street? No. Brandilyn kept apologizing but it wasn't within her control either.

Needless to say, tonight I am the proud of owner of a ticket. Yep, just add my name to the LONG list of Weltz fugitives.

No comments: