Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Leaving it Better!

I recently pulled one of those angel cards that people have that said "How can I make the world a better place?" A perfect thought for me to ponder and I do. I was reflecting on that very thought this morning . . .

I arrived at Skip's apartment on Friday evening. As I walked in the place smelled divine. He had a candle on the warmer. Everything was meticulously put in its place and it looked 'sterile'.

Jody waltzed in and immediately grabbed a chair and plopped her suitcase on it. Within what seemed like minutes my stuff was all over the place. Makeup, essential oils, girly products and books, magazines and newspapers were EVERYWHERE!! I had to chuckle to myself at how quickly the place became "messy".

So this morning I'm packing up to go home (boo) and I'm noticing the cleaniness that is my husband is slowly emerging. I'm kind of jealous of his quiet existence here. I know that I could (well, maybe) keep my world in perfect order if I lived alone too. However, I think I'll take mi loco vida and learn to live with my own mess.

For now . . . I'm leaving his world a better place . . . I think. I gave him a foot zone, a little lovin, and we bought him a George Foreman grill. I think that qualifies. Right?

No comments: