Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zucchini World

Wow! Like most people, we are having quite a bumper crop of the big Z this year. That's way awesome because last year it seemed that EVERYONE was struggling with the simplest of veggies to grow in the garden. I left on vacation on Saturday and, before I drove away, I was efficient in stashing several LARGE zucchini in my car to prepare while I was away. It seems that spending time researching recipes and such is something that I get to do while I'm on vacation.

So . . . I've so far made zucchini/carrot muffins THREE TIMES! They seem to be a fave and they go pretty quickly with my fam. Last night I made zucchini pizza which the twins and I thought was awesome! This morning I made chocolate zucchini cake which, by the way, is a vegan recipe. We haven't dove into it as of yet because it just popped out of the oven but it smells fabbie and is definitely beckoning us.

Check out my "naturally jode" blog for the recipes. I'll delete them if they don't meet the standards of my family (sorry, my twins and I eat a LOT of green things and we love them so sometimes we aren't the best ones to ask).

Oh, and yes, another thing we've been doing with the big Z is putting it in our green smoothies. YUM!! Our "go to" smoothies right now have blueberries, pear, 1/4 lemon, zucchini, cucumber, kale and spinach with a few squirts of flavored Stevia, some ice, some distilled water and Wahlaa!!! Magical, mystical perfection. Try it!

No comments: