Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Whirlwind

Lately, that's how it's been . . .

I went on a five day road trip with my dad up to see my sissy and momma in Washington. We worked hard cuz that's the way they roll up there on their CSA farm. There was food to harvest (yum) and things to be built (well, actually that was just to school me in the fine art of building raised beds) and dirt to dump (once again I was being schooled - this time in the fine art of driving a tractor). We also helped my sis rearrange her work area which took a full day of moving random stuff. The twins worked their bums off. I was proud.

So, I learned a lot from my sister. She's a great teacher. She taught me about screwguns (I didn't grasp that one very well, however), hammers and nails, driving the tractor as well as things having to do with growing stuff. We had a great visit and then there was the drive home. I was pretty tired when I finally got home.

Then there was the fundraiser for my drill team. I spent so much energy being annoyed by it that I forgot to sit back and enjoy the journey. Dang! I know better than that. It was a LOT of work to pull it together. It was funny because when I pulled into the ranch where we were having it with my truck and trailer loaded to the nines with tables, chairs, ice boxes, gas cooking stove and the like, one of my team members came up to me and said, "Jody, I guess I've never really asked what it is that you DO? Are you like an event planner or something?" Lol. I got a good chuckle out of that. I said, "Um, no, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, you kind of put all this together and then you pull up with all the stuff. I guess I just didn't know what it is you do."

We got home around 1:30 a.m. from the fundraiser. I was completely wiped out. I got up at 6 the next morning, did my chores and got the fam packed and on the road by 2 for our vacation. I spent the first day just forcing myself from chair to chair and falling back to sleep. Today, I'm feeling back to myself. I'm enjoying the down time, wishing my princess and her man were here as well as Brian and Meg. It just feels empty without the rest of my family. I'm determined to indulge in a lot of reading, relaxing baths, meditation and long runs along the beach.

No comments: