Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Martha Doesn't Live Here!

The Relief Society is having a retreat at my house this weekend. Normally this kind of thing would send a girl into out and out panic. However, I seem to be pretty calm about the sitch at this moment (Key phrase: "this moment").

Saturday the kids and I completely cleaned out Skip's shop (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the house or where the sisters will be congregating but we thought it was a cool gesture to surprise the man that's NOT about the house of late). The shop looks pretty amazing - considering that it IS a shop, after all. I had a hot date with my bestie to go see Keith Urban (which was nothing short of amazing) so we had to cut the cleaning experience short - something I'm sure my children were devasted over.

Sunday we attacked my house. We cleaned the refrigerator, under the kitchen sink (because women DO look there) and flitted about the other common areas of the house. The twins were marvelous at digging in and helping out. It's funny because up until about a month ago my house was on the market for the past year and we have kept it in absolute show shape the entire time, which is a good thing because there were so many people that did NOT come to see it. Their loss! It's a pretty stellar place to hang your hat, if I may say so myself.

So yesterday I came home and decided I was going to attack my office and bedroom area. Well . . . I got a fabulous start and then got distracted. The computer started calling and calling my name and I finally answered. Dang it! I DID get a stack of paperwork sorted out and filed away, though. Big woot.

The sad part of this tale is that yesterday was my LAST full available day before the forthcoming event. Gasp. So it looks like this cowgirl is going to have to pony up and pull some late nighters to get this place up to par. Darn!!

Actually, the event will come and the event will go and I'm sure hardly anyone will notice whether or not my house is tidy. But, sitting proudly in my entryway is a little sign that reads, "If you came to see me, come in. If you came to see my house, please make an appointment." My bestest friend, Terri, gave it to me a million years ago when we both had little children that were constantly making it their life dharma to destroy our homes. Today, the saying still holds true. I am who I am and my friends accept me just the way I am. Right?

No comments: