Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

EXTREME Pissedoffedness

Courtney just got home from a week at Girl's Camp. Yay her! I'm guessing she had a great time although I'm not home to hear all her wonderful stories of her spiritual fun-filled week.

However, there is just one thing that has me so dang heated up that I'm having a bit of trouble getting passed it. Evidentaly Danielle (who picked up Courtney from the drop off point) was informed that Courtney had trouble breathing at camp and they gave her, not one, but TWO breathing treatments with Albuterol. Wtf?

The Health Form that I was required to fill out specifically asks what meds are allowed to be administered to my child and I indicated NONE. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a "no meds" mom. I prefer herbs and only really seek the medical community when there are broken bones or life threatening situations. Furthermore, NO attempt was made to contact me for permission or advice on my child.

I know that Courtney does NOT have asthma. She does have trouble breathing when she gets amped up or has a cold and we just have her sit calmly until it passes. It always does. No way would I EVER give her medication/poison to alter what her body can and does do all by itself. Why would ANYONE make the choice to medicate another person's child with no permission. Isn't that illegal? I'm dang sure it is and I fully intend to address the problem

As for next year? Yeah, sorry church. My child will NOT be attending camp unless I'm there and THAT is highly unlikely.

No comments: