Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Wee Bit Edgy

I feel like, once again, I have a LOT on my plate right now. Danielle and Jeff are getting married in about 10 days, I have three drill performances before that date and numerous (it seems) practices and I have an important court date with Robbie next Tuesday. I'm feeling stretched quite thin. In addition, I'm trying to get going on a couple of other "projects" that I'm feeling pretty good about - but they, too, require a large piece of me. Today, I'm on my way up to work on my sister's books for her business. Ahhhh!!!!

So, I was chatting with a friend on the phone last night and when I mentioned that my daughter was getting married next Saturday she had to say those words that I HATE!! "Oh, but this is Skip's daughter from his first marriage, right?" Like, that makes her null and void?

Wtf!?!?! I have been in Danielle's life since she was nine months old. I have had the privilege (or otherwise, lol) of raising her since she was about two. She was with Skip and I full time until she turned 18 and went off to BYU. So, how the heck does that make her any less valid as my daughter? It's like I mentioned before about people and their ridiculous comments about my "adopted" children. So, I will say it again . . . YES! She IS my daughter!!! Yes, she has someone else she calls "mom" as well (I have never asked or encouraged Cory or Danielle to call me "mom" because they have one already but Danielle does refer to me as her mom. And, oh for the record, I get along with her mom quite well. We are great friends). I love her the same as I do my other children.

So, there it is. I still have a lot to do to prepare for the reception. I still have a lot of emotions wrapped up in watching another one of my daughters take this big step in life. I still look forward to watching the years unfold and seeing what kind of wonderful life she and her husband will make together. I still am gaininig another "son". I'm still a proud mom and, yes, I DO have pictures. Here, I'll share one.



Sorry, D, but this IS my favorite one and this IS my blog so even though it is "Your Day, Your Way" I get the final say here, lol.

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

yay!! i get the same crap when i say "my sister's getting married." "but she's your HALF sister, right?" um, no, i shared a bedroom with her when i was little, grew up with her in the house every day, and cried when she left for college. not a half sister. i, too, am excited for the big day!!!

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

I had no idea Danielle was getting married! How exciting! She looks absolutely beautiful in that picture.