Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bumpy Summer

Summer vacation is off and running. It's been a rough first week, to say the least. First, for whatever reason, I thought it would be okay to go out in the mornings and do my "thing" (aka yoga and ride my horse and visiting teaching) and then come home and find the perfect twins dressed, fed and doing their minimal list of chores that I've left for them. NOT!!!


I came home to chaos on Monday and Tuesday and by Wednesday I decided to start waking the darlings up and taking them with me each morning. It sucks beyond all suckage but it's the way I have to roll. Courtney says this is the worst summer EVER. Amen! But really . . . look at this . Look at what Jacob did to my (Brandilyn's) cat!!! I know this is freaking hilarious but . . . really?

Okay, so there has been SOME fun. Like yesterday when I was watching Ava we opened up the pool and the kids all played. Of course, that's when I discovered that I've been a rather neglectful parent. Courtney's swimsuit is at least three years old. We scooted out today and snagged her a new one. She is most excited now to have something new to wear to camp in a week.
So, I think Jacob going back to summer school and me just learning to constantly have kids in tow is how this family is going to survive this summer. I've always been a mom that LOVES having the babies home from school but now I think I'm finally understanding how a lot of moms count down the days till school starts again.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

dude, that pisses me off. i want to color all over jake's face with a permanent marker and make him lick it off.