Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

You Talking to Me?

Today while I was at an appointment, I noticed that my phone was vibrating a LOT! I was concerned that someone was in a bad way but had to ignore it nonetheless (should have turned it off but I didn't). Anyway, when I walked out I dialed my voicemail and received this message (keeping in mind that "F" means the "f" word and "B" means the "b" word):

You FB! You better NEVER leave a message on my girlfriend's phone again. If you do, I'll come to your school and put my hands around your throat and kill you! Do you understand me, you FB? I'm not kidding around! I'll kill you! You're just a FB!
Wow! I was a bit taken back! Who the heck did I offend now? So I texted Mr. Angry Guy with the following:
I have no idea who you are. I'm pretty sure you have the wrong number. I'm a middle aged mom and I find your threats and language offensive.
Mr. Angry Guy replied:
I'm very sorry. My friend took my phone and mouthed off to some kid. I apologize. I'm only 16.
Well, I was impressed with this young man's maturity. I mean, how many young men would own their crap like that? I texted him back and told him I was sorry he was having a rough day and was impressed that he was mature enough to own it. I then thanked him for the apology.
Of course, how would I really know if he was 16 or not? He DID sound pretty young, though.

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

hahaha! when david and i read your facebook status we thought YOU were the one that left an angry message on the wrong phone. i guess it's better to be on the receiving end that the looking-like-an-idiot end, right??