Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peace

I just started watching that movie, "Eat, Pray, Love". I've read the book so watching the movie was not a big deal to me, I thought. I like to watch movies as I run on the treadmill so I only get to view 1/2 hour per day of each movie. It makes it so much more delicious to spread it out for a period of time like that. Of course, I have to remind anyone I talk to about whatever movie I'm watching to not tell me what happens because I'm in the middle of said movie.

Anyway, I just started watching this movie. I want to read the book again now. There are some really profound ideas presented already in the first half of the movie! Wow! I just can't seem to write them down as I hear them (because, yeah, I'm humming along on a moving machine!). Between this movie that I viewed a bit of this morning and Karate Kid that I watched last night, I seem to be in a really peaceful mood. I'm enjoying watching myself enjoy my day.

Of course, it's rather helpful that Robbie has gone snowboarding for the day and the twins are self entertained in their rooms. However, we are leaving for church in like five minutes so it'll be interesting to see how my day evolves with church and then drill practice intertwined in it. I so want to maintain this peaceful content feeling, though.

Anyway, two thoughts that have nothing to do with anything I've said just found their way to my eyes and I really want to jot them down right here.

Our life is a picture of our thoughts, speech, beliefs, actions and attitudes.
and this one from Ralph Waldo Emerson . . .
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
Please, God, let me be a blissful, peaceful, happy person because that's all I can think of right now!

No comments: