Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chatty Kathy

Today I started my new job. No, I don't have a 9-5 paying job. I just took on tending my 4 year old (well, she'll be 4 on the 15th of February) grand daughter, Ava. How cute can this little darling be? She is WAY chatty and full of all kind of random information. She had me giggling and chuckling pretty much all day long.

Also, Skip and I gave her riding lessons for her 4th birthday. Today was her first lesson. Check this out:
Yeah, here she is on my black horse. He's being such a good boy with her, too (well, I had a lesson on him this morning which wore him out and then I turned him out the rest of the day to make sure he got all his "jollies" out).

It was so much fun and so satisfying to see another member of my family get as excited as I get when I'm about to ride my horse. She was just jumping up and down all afternoon and, when I gave her her riding helmet, she refused to take it off. She even wore it in the car as we were driving out to the ranch.

I'm sure the novelty of watching Ava will wear off somewhat, but I sure plan to enjoy it as much as I possibly can. These moments will never pass by me again.

No comments: