Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Thailand - Random Other Stuff


The other cool things we got to experience in Thailand? Well, there was this. Yeah, that's a cop out there directing traffic (because the road washed out in the typhoon that hit the island on our second day there that knocked out all of the power and water for two days). The cop is in SANDALS! We were standing outside of the "Police Box" (i.e. Police Station) and I couldn't resist snapping this shot.








OMG! The toilets! Who can forget the toilets? Yeah, you had to put your feet up on the sides (see the ridges there) and then squat to go. No toilet paper here. No siree! There was a handy dandy hose with a spray nozzle on it to take care of such matters.

It actually makes much more sense than what we in America are accustomed to but, MAN, it was a bit of a shock!





This is Mau. He is every bit as adorable as he appears
here. Him and his brother, Thor, owned and operated the restaurant that became our absolute fave. Thor is a transvestite (spelling is probably off but that's not a word I usually have to spell) and Mau is obviously gay. We LOVED these guys (especially Mau).

Mau suggested I order the passion fruit on my first visit. He informed me that is had LOTS of passion, lol.



Monkeys!!! If you look closely, you can find these little devils in a lot of places. We spotted these little guys playing up on the wires as we were on our drive one day out and about.
Another day while we were shopping there was a monkey (actually about several monkeys) playing on the roofs of the stores. They were so dang cute. But I hear those little stinkers bite and HARD!!!





Yes! I had a great time in Thailand. There were some things that I could dwell on that were kind of a downer but I think I just want to focus on what was fun. Like when we went to Bangkok and I bought this way cool hat (that I just know Brandilyn is going to steal as soon as she can get her little mits on it) and wore it all the way home. In fact, Skip didn't even recognize me at the airport with my hat and red braids (which were another way cool thing that I just did because I felt like taking a walk on the wild side).

No comments: