Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thailand - Ew!! Tatoo!!!


No, no, no! That's not my back you see in the picture. That back belongs to another person in our group. I just HAD to take this picture because I was mortified at how much pain this new "fad" causes. Not to mention the fact that it leaves this permanent mark on your body.

So, while we were in Thailand, the tattoo parlor was right below the deck of my room. I could stand out there and look right down and see everything that was going on in there (yeah, I was a weirdo stalker chick). The tatoo artist was pretty good looking (in spite of all the tats he was sporting cuz I just find tats tacky).
This place, evidentally, was the place to be. Several people in our group got tats while we were there. I found out that it costs about 1/2 as much to tat yourself up there than it does in "America." Hence, the reason my friends saved their pennies for Thailand, right?
Well, this particular tat took five long, painful hours to do. The young lady receiving the tat was "tough" and endured it. I popped into the shop several times throughout her ordeal to see how she was doing. She said that there was a point where she wanted to abort the plan but once you start you kinda gotta finish (like pregnancy and childbirth, I guess). I was really sad for her because she is only 23 years old. I so know that this isn't what she's gonna want on her body when she's my age and beyond.
Anyway, my curiosity about the tatoo world has been satisfied. I have no desire to participate in this ritual and have a new found appreciation for those who have tattoos.

No comments: